The mention of extreme weather does a funny thing to people. It throws us into a total frenzy. All you can think of is how much milk you have in the house and whether or not your car has gas. My office has been a buzz about the Nor’easter headed for New York City for days.
A snow day is a good excuse to do all the things you’ve been “meaning” to do but just haven’t gotten to do. If you do get snowed in — here’s my list of things you can do to be productive:
- Clean out just ONE desk, junk or dresser drawer. Get to more if you can but start with just one.
- Catch up on your saved DVR shows. (in your PJs)
- Look up and try out a new workout on YouTube.
- Start compiling all the paperwork you need to do your taxes. I recommend Evernote to keep track of it all.
- Do some online shopping to cross off some birthday or holiday gifts from your to-do list.
- Do research for an upcoming wedding, vacation or project.
- Download the Next Issue app to browse all your favorite magazines in one spot.
- Try out a new recipe. One of my favorite blogs Cooking With Books should give you some inspiration.
- Begin a new book. Check Goodreads.com for fabulous recommendations from friends.