As you know, I’m always on the hunt for easy and efficient ways to get things done. So when I heard about Cocktail Courier I was intrigued. Here’s how it works – you pick a cocktail you’d like to make at home and they send you all the pre-measured ingredients to mix the perfect drink. Professional mixologists create every recipe, which range from Moscow Mules to a twist on an Old Fashioned. These are probably drinks I wouldn’t tackle at home. But with the kit they sent me — I tried took on The Sideshow, which is a variation of a Sidecar.
Here’s my pros and cons list:
- Convenience: Each box includes everything you need including garnish. No more running to 5 different stores trying to find ingredients that you may never use again. There are 6 drinks per box, which makes it perfect to share with friends.
- Delivery: Throwing a last minute party? No problem. If you order by 9 PM EST you will receive your Cocktail Courier promptly the next day. (And everyone will love your drinks!)
- Subscription: Perfect for regulars. Receive a new box every week or every other week on the day of your choosing, and you can get over 20% off each drink.
- Can Be Hit or Miss: Although tasty, I wasn’t in love with the drink I ordered. I gave The Sideshow a try– but that’s the risk you take when trying out new things. My next order will be one of my favorite drinks, the Moscow Mule. Yum.
- Visuals: I would like to use something rather than paper instructions. They should provide a video to watch through their website so you can follow along while you mix your drink.
- Availability: Delivery is prompt, but the window is only on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. And it’s only available in New York and Chicago right now.
If you decide to try out Cocktail Courier, get an additional $10 off your first order with the code: CocktailsbyMail.
What is on your favorite cocktails list?