There are so many things I love about the summer like going to the beach, drinking wine and Summer Fridays (in theory because I don’t really get to partake.) However, on hot days the last thing I want to do is turn on the oven, which is one of the reasons no-cook recipes are so appealing. They also drastically save on cooking time, allowing me to make the most out of my evenings.
Here are a few go-to recipes to try out this summer from RealSimple.com.
Sesame Lime Chicken Salad
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 red chili pepper sliced
- 1 small head romaine lettuce
- 2 carrots, grated
- 4 cups shredded chicken
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup crispy Chinese noodles
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Whisk together the canola oil, lime juice, sugar, sesame oil, chili, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the lettuce, carrots, and chicken and toss to combine.
- Serve the salad sprinkled with the sesame seeds, noodles, and cilantro. Read more