When Oprah went off the air in May 2011 no one was more upset than me. OK, well maybe my best friend Danielle. And OK…maybe lots of other people all over the world too. Danielle, our friend Jessica and I were fortunate enough to be in the audience for one of Oprah’s last shows.
Through the 25 seasons we learned valuable life lessons, makeup tips and met characters we would never have known existed without Oprah to show us. Not being able to check in with her everyday has left a huge void.
But thankfully that void will be filled today. I’m going back to school…and my teacher, once again, is Oprah. Danielle and I have planned a viewing party to watch the first episode of Oprah’s Lifeclass on OWN. We are two of the over one million students who will attend class. There’s still time to join the class by signing up online.
Here’s why you should join us:
1. It’s Oprah! You know people will be talking about this tomorrow — so why not be a part of history?
2. You’ll reconnect with the show you love. She will use portions of “The Oprah Winfrey Show” to teach lessons that matter most to her. If you were a fan of the show — this is a great opportunity to see a bit of insight into each episode.
3. It could change your life. I can’t count the amount of times that I have said, “I saw on Oprah….” She’s determined what people read, what they eat, how they dress, what movies they watch and who they vote for. That’s some pretty powerful pull.
4. You’ll learn something. You are never too old to learn something. I love being a journalist because I learn something new every single day. Why not open yourself up to some new possibilities?
5. You will get a chance to chat with Oprah. After each class Oprah will feature a companion online class with live chats and questions about the day’s show.
If you’re an iPad lover like me — you can download a companion app to use during the show. I’m very excited to star the five week class and see Oprah everyday again. It will be like visiting with an old friend. See you in class!