“You become what you believe” has been my mantra for some time — thanks to Oprah Winfrey. It’s one of her most famous sayings — she actually borrowed it from Maya Angelou. It’s by far my favorite life lesson. It’s true: if you believe it — you can become it!
I was fortunate enough to be in the audience for Oprah’s show “Lifeclass” at Radio City Music Hall in New York City to learn some more life lessons. The show airs on April 23rd on OWN. My best friend Danielle and I were there — tweeting and texting away! They actually encouraged and allowed the use of cell phones in the theater. It was a very cool day for social media.
I had my official “Lifeclass” notebook with me to write down some key quotes and lessons from the guest teacher – Deepak Chopra and of course from Oprah.
- “You are not a prisoner of your thoughts. You have the ability to control what you are thinking.” — Deepak Chopra
- “Karma means your have to live with the consequences of the actions you have taken in the past. Whatever you put out is coming back.”– Deepak Chopra
- “Whatever you are struggling with, is a reminder for you to find your true purpose in this lifetime.” — Deepak Chopra
- “The ultimate goal of all goals is to be happy. If you want to be happy make someone else happy.” — Deepak Chopra
- “Don’t get confused between what people say you are and who you know you are.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “What people call their “bio” is usually their ego profile. You are not what you do.” — Deepak Chopra
- “Use memories. Do not let memories use you.” — Deepak Chopra
- “Become the director, producer, choreographer of your own story” — Deepak Chopra
- “The highest form of intelligence is the ability to observe yourself without judging yourself.” — Deepak Chopra
- “The past is gone, the future is not here yet. Right now I am free of both.” — Deepak Chopra