I’ve already sworn off Black Friday — but I absolutely love Cyber Monday! It’s a great way to grab some deals from the comfort of your own home or office. Yes — productivity will be down a bit across the country today. But if you plan ahead and do a little homework your day won’t be a total bust — at work or at shopping!
Great “Cyber Monday” Deals
1. Gap: All of the Gap’s stores including Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta are giving 30% off everything with the code “HUGECYBER.” If shoes are your thing Piperlime is offering 20% off when you type in the same code at checkout. If you spend $50 or more you’ll get free shipping.
2. Cole Haan: Usually overpriced but fabulous — Cole Haan is offering 30% off one full priced item with the code: “FBCYBER30.” It’s only good for one item so choose wisely! If you use “CYBER20” you will save 20% off all sale items.
3. Ann Taylor Loft: Use the code “SHOP50” for 50% off everything! You’ll also get free shipping with the code.
4. Overstock.com: One of my favorite sites for online shopping. There are deals on this site all the time but they are rolling out the red carpet for Cyber Monday. Check out their deals here. There are discounts on clothes, books, furniture, jewelry and just about anything else you can think of!
5. Amazon.com: Another great site for finding great gifts for less. They have some Cyber Monday deals going on all day. Some of the deals have deadlines so check out what you want and set a reminder so you make sure to grab what you need.
6. FreeShipping.org: I recently found this site and it’s amazing! Although most online retailers will offer free shipping at some point this site makes sure you get it. FreeShipping.org has over 3,800 free shipping codes. Take advantage!
Get Work Done
Staying focused will be difficult today. But here’s a few tips on keeping productive even though your mind will be on shopping:
1. Set Aside Time to Shop: The holiday kick off means less productivity until after New Year’s — it’s inevitable. Some people will mail in the last few weeks of the year –but you don’t have to be one of them! Set aside some time to do your online shopping just like you would if you were running an errand. Don’t over do it.
2. Have a Plan: Don’t go in blind or else you’ll waste a tremendous amount of time. Pay attention to emails with coupon codes and deals. I hope some of the deals I’ve listed will help you out a bit.