I take food very seriously. I accumulate restaurant recommendations like someone would keep a rare coin collection. For me — there is no substitute for great food. So I really enjoy giving recommendations and also receiving them. I’ve recently been looking into Mayfair restaurants and I’m just waiting to see if I can get any recommendations for there! I’ve found that if you do your homework before you go to a restaurant you’ll have a much better outcome. It will save you time, money and make your dining experience much better if you’re prepared.
But in all my list-making frenzy I haven’t been able to find a good way to keep track of all my restaurant recommendations til now. I used to write them down on paper, then I started putting them in my Astrid, Wunderlist or Clear apps. But I kept finding that the lists would get buried or I would forget which app I was using for my food lists. Then I found “iMustTry.”
This is a must-have iPhone app! Sometimes I like to use separate apps for different uses. I also do this with my grocery list. That way I know right where to find it. No scrolling through other lists to get to it. iMustTry is only for restaurant recommendations.
It’s very simple and easy to use.
1. Type in the name of a restaurant that someone tells you about
2. The app finds it and adds it to your list.
3. That’s all.
Super streamlined and all you really need to record your recommendations. It costs $.99. However, I hope in the future they make some of the following improvements:
1. Allow you to write in your own restaurants manually even if they can’t find it in their search tool.
2. Allow you to categorize your list by cuisine or neighborhood.
3. Allow you to share your list with friends. Right now you can only share individual restaurants but not your whole list.
This will all come with time I’m sure — but for right now this app is perfect just the way it is! Happy eating!