For some reason, I’m always the “go to” girl for etiquette questions at the office. Etiquette extends far beyond the rules of holding doors and proper forks. I actually rather like etiquette but there is so much I don’t know! Experts like Emily Post, author of Etiquette in Society, in Business, in Politics, and at Home, know much more than I do so I checked out their advice on these interesting etiquette questions.
So behold…the brand new “Fab Find” for this week…an Evernote Smart Notebook by Moleskine.
First off — if you’re not using Evernote, you should be. It’s the best place to keep all your lists, recipes, website clippings, gift ideas, notes, etc. I’ve been a big fan for a long time. There is also a notebook that syncs up with the Evernote app and website to make the experience even more cool. Here are a few features:
1. It’s a Moleskine product — Have you ever written in a Moleskine notebook? You must — it’s like no other. It just feels smooth and special. Trust me.
2. Digitize your content — Whatever you write in the notebook can quickly be saved to your Evernote account. Simply take a photo with your smartphone and it will digitize the note.
3. Easy to find what you need — When the note is digitized it is also automatically tagged. There are also stickers that you can put on each page that will send it to the category you choose. What that means is that any keyword you can think of is now associated with that note — making it easy to find when you’re pulling your hair out because you need to just remember “that thing you wrote down that time.” Read more
Who doesn’t love sticky notes? They may line your mirror or computer screen but wherever you put them they serve as tiny reminders of all you want to accomplish. Even though they can stick to just about anything (like your iPhone) you can be totally lost if you forget to take one with you or read it before you leave the office. But now you can take them with you!
The Sticky Notes app is user friendly and free!
Here are a few features I like:
1. Did you ever wish that sticky-note stuck to the top of your notebook could remind you when it’s time to complete your task? This awesome little app lets you sync alarms with whatever you write on your sticky.
2. While I love seeing a picture of my husband and I at Luxembourg Gardens in Paris when my phone is locked, sometimes remembering to pick up the dry cleaning takes priority. With this app, you can add sticky-notes to your lock screen so you have no excuse!