Free samples are genius. Think about a winery: you go, you sample, you buy bigger quantities. It’s really the smartest marketing a company can do.I love the idea of “try before you buy” and sampling is a great way to expand an interest or try something new! Sites that sell sample subscription services (wow — that’s a lot of alliteration) are all the rage right now. It is also a great way to give gifts.
Here is a list of some services that you might want to try or gift:
- Get pretty without the price. High end beauty products can get so expensive. Try a service like Birchbox for sample sizes of products to make you look and feel good! (Priced at $10/month for women and $20/month for men)
- Get healthy. Try a site like boxtera.com if you want to start snacking healthy but don’t know where to start in the grocery store. (Prices starting at $30/box)
- Help someone else. Lovewithfood.com delivers healthy, organic snacks to your home every month and for every month you subscribe, they donate a meal to a hungry child. (Prices range from $10-20 per month)
- Help yourself and the planet. Have you ever considered making the lifestyle switch to Veganism? Vegancuts.com sends subscribers samples of everything from vegan beauty products, to vegan snacks, to eco-friendly accessories. It’s a good way to test out the lifestyle before you go all out. (Priced at $19.95/month for a Beauty or Snack box)
- Show someone you care. There is nothing college students love more than mail and free food. Satisfy your favorite student with both when you sign up for a service like Pijonbox.com. (Prices starting at $25/month for a 6 month subscription)
- Expand your palette. Do you know if you prefer a Noir or a Merlot? Join a wine subscription service to increase your knowledge of vino. Try a classic site like the Wine of the Month club. ($21.95 per month whether you want red, white, or both!)
- Take a staycation. Services like Hammockpack.com deliver themed boxes every month featuring artisan products to take a getaway from the comfort of your own home. Previous themes include Girls Night Out, Farmers Market, and Colorado Vacation. (An amazing getaway for only $25/month)
Whether you pamper yourself or treat someone else, these are great options to test out some fabulous products before you commit to buying something.