One of my favorite past times when I was growing up was receiving mail from my grandmother. She would often send me cutouts from magazines and newspapers with cute animals and nice sayings. As a kid receiving mail is always quite exciting and it would make me feel special knowing that she had pick these cutouts just for me.
I’ve always tried to carry on this tradition. I often send thank you notes and “thinking of you” cards whenever I can to let others know that I appreciate them. Plus like my grandmother I like to include a little token to make people feel loved.
Thank you notes are quite a rarity these days so it has even more of an impact than it might have been 20 years ago. So if there’s anyone you want to show gratitude to, here are some ideas for small tokens you can send.
- A favorite recipe, perhaps for a dish that you have enjoyed together.
- Discount coupons for products or goods that you know they buy, or would like to try.
- Beautiful pressed flowers or leaves from your garden or a nearby park.
- A copy of a favorite knitting or cross-stitch pattern
- A coaster from a bar/restaurant that you would go to together
- Seeds of plants
- Photos (who prints photos anymore? You do!)
- Keychain or magnets are good, especially as little souvenirs if you live in different countries
- Puzzle letters, which you write can a message on the back of.