Lists help to make you more efficient, save money and time, boost your memory and aid in decision making. But how do you make your lists? I’ve found that doing a combination of things has helped me to be more organized. Maybe it will work for you too.
Things like buying a house, changing jobs, having a child, planning your honeymoon, figuring out what outfit to wear are all big considerations and should be given some critical thought. Enter: the pro and con list.
Silly or serious – it serves a purpose. Let’s say for instance you’re buying a house, you should really know everything about that property. From how much it costs to if there’s been any construction work done to it since it has been built. You’d need to know what the area is like and if it’s a good investment or not.
1. Paper or Digital? I’m a paper and pencil kind of girl but some of us are better at making digital lists. I find that if I like the paper I’m writing on then I’m more likely to sit down and make a pro and con list even if it’s a really difficult decision. Read more
Spring seems to be the season where everyone decides to get his or her act together. Maybe it’s the birds chirping or the flowers blooming – but for some reason…we all want to clean something during this time of renewal. So with that in mind – I’m teaming up with KnockKnockStuff.com to help you do it with a FREE “Spring Organizing Kit.”
Spring Organizing Contest
KnockKnockStuff.com sells unique and fun list paper, organizational products and gifts. It’s a really great place to find ways to stay productive and not take yourself too seriously. I’ve been buying their stuff for years.
Pinterest.com has become one of my latest addictions. It’s like visual list making! If you don’t have an account yet – it’s by invitation only. So follow me and I’ll invite you – you’ll be up and pinning in no time!
Both equal in their fabulousness, I decided to bring them all together for a fun contest! The winner of which will win these fabulous prizes:
But it’s not a total freebie – you have to work for this great prize! It will be entertaining though – I promise. Here’s a list of what you need to do:
1. Follow KnockKnockStuff’s Pinterest boards
2. Create a pinboard titled “Spring Organizing” and pin a minimum of 15 pins on the theme of getting organized for spring
3. Include at least 5 product images from KnockKnockStuff.com
4. Include at least 5 post images from ListProducer.com
5. Hashtag all of your pins #springorganizing so we can find them
6. Send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your first name, email address and a link to your pinboard
For a complete list of rules click here.
The contest runs from May 22nd – May 29th. I will pick a winner and announce it on June 5th. Judging will be based on creativity, composition and uniqueness of the pins. Happy Pinning!
This blog is three posts in one:
1. A case study of the power of one of my favorite kinds of lists: the pros/cons list.
2. A plug for a cool website and the pre-made list paper they make.
3. A chance for you to win FREE list paper from KnockKnockStuff.com.
WHO: Colleen Cappon – my colleague and a non-list maker
WHAT: Colleen and her fiancée Chris are getting married and having trouble planning their honeymoon
WHEN: Their wedding is in October
WHY: It’s tough to narrow down the perfect destination to celebrate their nuptials because they are overwhelmed by all the choices
WHERE: This is just the problem! They have too many options and are losing sight of what they really want
The Power of a Pros/Cons List
Enter the “List Producer” with the solution I have for everything – make a list! I told Colleen that a pros/cons list is really the best way give attention to each choice individually. I also shared some cool list paper that I’d gotten from KnockKnockStuff.com for her to write out pros and cons about each resort she and Chris were considering. Read more