I used to exclusively make my lists on paper but since I started using an iPhone — I’ve tried lots of apps. Some of my favorites are Astrid, Wunderlist and Ziplist. Most recently I downloaded Clear. It’s the newest breed of productivity app with an amazing design. It costs $1.99 in the Apple app store.
Check out this video from RealMacSoftware.com for a look at how it works:
Here’s the pros and cons as I see them:
- Stunning design
- Easy & fun to use: swipe to delete or complete, drag to reorder tasks, etc.
- Cute sound effects (if you’re into that type of thing)
- Simple way to keep your to-do list organized
- Use colors to signify priority of tasks
- Great place to keep track of lists of things — like lists of restaurants to try, books to read, tasks to do on a specific day.
- Character limit on tasks
- Doesn’t allow you to set reminders or due dates
- Can only view 8 tasks at a time
- Can be a little confusing at times when jumping between the “layers” of menus
Overall I think the design is elegant and very creative. It’s a really fun app to use but it doesn’t have all the functionality of an app like Astrid, which allows you to set reminders, deadlines and share your lists. I will probably use this app to keep track of blog post ideas, long-term goals and quick shopping lists. It’s definitely worth a look if you’re searching for a simple to-do list app.