Even very productive people have trouble getting everything done throughout the day. But the secret really is being able to delegate. If you can take something off your plate so you can work on something else that you’re better at — you will be much more efficient. Enter…the assistant.
I know you’re thinking “I can’t afford an assistant!” I know because I said the same thing until I found FancyHands.com. It’s basically a virtual assistant service. So the assistants, who are located all over the United States, will do any task that they can perform using their computer or phone. They won’t pick up your laundry but they’ll find the best service to come pick it up for you and deliver it back to you when it’s done. You can easily hire a virtual assistant, normally it’s a signup on a website and a paid subscription and you’re then all set.
I’ve known about them for quite some time but never tried them out until now. I must say…I’m impressed. Here’s my list:
- It’s really cool to say you have an assistant (My friends think I’ve officially “made it”).
- It’s simple to set up and get started.
- You can email your tasks or submit them right through the website.
- There’s a pretty quick turn around depending on the task (One of my tasks took a few days though because my assistant was waiting for a call back)
- There are different plans to meet your needs depending on how many tasks you’ll need help with throughout the month.
- As Leah Busque from TaskRabbit.com says “just because you can do something, doesn’t mean you should. She’s right. FancyHands.com frees up tasks on my to-do list so I can do other things.
- They have a referral service so if you get friends to join you get money towards the following month’s tasks.
- You can cancel whenever you want.
- The tasks don’t roll over from month to month. So use them or lose them!
- There’s no app….yet. I heard it’s coming though.
- You never get to meet or talk to your assistant other than via email — so it does feel a bit disconnected.
- You may get a different person every time (although you can request to get the same person but it doesn’t always work out).