The mention of extreme weather does a funny thing to people. It throws us into a total frenzy. No one wants to sit in a freezing home in the middle of winter. All you can think of is how much milk you have in the house and whether or not your car has gas. My office has been a buzz about the Nor’easter headed for New York City for days.
A snow day is a good excuse to do all the things you’ve been “meaning” to do but just haven’t gotten to do. If you do get snowed in — here’s my list of things you can do to be productive:
- Clean out just ONE desk, junk or dresser drawer. Get to more if you can but start with just one.
- Catch up on your saved DVR shows. (in your PJs)
- Look up and try out a new workout on YouTube.
- Start compiling all the paperwork you need to do your taxes. I recommend Evernote to keep track of it all.
- Do some online shopping to cross off some birthday or holiday gifts from your to-do list.
- Do research for an upcoming wedding, vacation or project.
- Download the Next Issue app to browse all your favorite magazines in one spot.
- Try out a new recipe. One of my favorite blogs Cooking With Books should give you some inspiration.
- Begin a new book. Check Goodreads.com for fabulous recommendations from friends.