Greetings from the Windy City! When you live a super busy and productive life, it can be hard to fit a vacation into your schedule. I’ve become a huge fan of Staycations and weekend getaways to get all of the benefits of a vacation without investing as much time and money.
Over the years, I’ve learned a thing or two about efficient packing. Whether you’re spending a weekend in Chicago or two weeks in Europe, here are my essentials for carry-on packing:
- “24 Hours In A Space Bag” – in a small space bag, pack a change of undergarments, a day outfit, night outfit, and something to sleep in. If your clothing or luggage is lost, this bag gives you a full 24-hours to find something other than souvenir sweatshirts to wear. You’ll want a sweater or pashmina as well, but leave this out of the space bag for use during travel.
- Mini everything! – I love refillable bottles for my shampoos, conditioners, and soaps so that I can use my favorite brands wherever I go. Luckily plenty of companies have already thought of this for example eldivia with their serum for travel which is one of many products already in travel size containers. These are great for keeping pre-vacation planning to a minimum! I also keep a pack of paper soap for clean hands on any mode of transportation.
- Tea – Call me a tea snob but on a long trip, I love a nice cup of green or darjeeling tea. I keep a few sachets of my favorite flavors in a small wristlet wherever I go – just add water!
- Evian Mister – Speaking of water, I hate how dry my skin and nose feel after a flight. I use an Evian Mini Face Mister to feel rejuvenated before getting off of a flight. It’s a must have to feel fresh after hours of travel.
- iPad Mini – My iPad Mini has become my favorite travel accessory. Not only does it allow me to remain productive on the go, but it’s also a great place for my guilty pleasures. I love using the “Next Issue” app to browse tons of my favorite magazines!
- Comforts of Home – headphones, eye masks, and neck pillows can all make a noisy and uncomfortable trip a little more bearable. Have these weapons in your arsenal against overhead reading lights and crying babies everywhere.
- A multi-use charger – Without charged gadgets, how can I stay connected and productive? A multi-use charger is great for charging everything on the go. And you’ll never have to worry about finding a place to plug it in if you’ve packed your solar-powered usb charger as well.
Wherever you’re going and however you’re getting there, make sure you’ve got these items close by for a safe and productive trip. Happy travels!