Oprah Winfrey has taught me so much about giving, being a good listener, and striving to achieve your goals. She’s been a part of my life since I began watching her show when I was young and has become more of a role model as I’ve gotten older.
She’s certainly given us a lot of wisdom over the last 60 years! Here are my 10 favorite pieces of advice from Oprah in honor of her 60th birthday:
1. You become what you believe
2. When people show you who they are, believe them the first time.
3. Turn your wounds into wisdom.
4. You know you are on the road to success if you would do your job, and not be paid for it.
5. I trust that everything happens for a reason, even when we’re not wise enough to see it.
6. Often we don’t even realize who we’re meant to be because we’re so busy trying to live out someone else’s ideas. But other people and their opinions hold no power in defining our destiny.
7. I’ve come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that’s as unique as a fingerprint – and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you.
8. Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher.
9. When you know better – you do better.
10. I don’t believe in failure. It’s not failure if you enjoyed the process.