Sometimes the simplest thing can help you accomplish so much more. Like tying your shoe the right way! Sounds silly, right? I thought so too, but humor me for a minute. I found a video of the very first three-minute TED talk in 2005 where Terry Moore told his audience that many of them were actually tying their shoes incorrectly…as he had been doing until about three years prior!
Tag Archive for: reduce stress
For the whole summer, everyone is daydreaming about jetting off for a beach getaway. I bet very few of you dream of staying near home for your vacation, but don’t sell it short! In hindsight, it’s easy to overlook all the bad parts of a taking a trip – the delayed flights, missed connections and lost luggage.
I’ve literally been glued to my TV for weeks watching Breaking Bad on Netflix.
Each night Jay and I would watch a few episodes and we are finally all caught up and excited for the series finale in August. The writing and the characters are superb. If you don’t watch it — you need to!
- Breaking Bad (Netflix, Amazon Instant Video)
- Homeland (Amazon Instant Video, Showtime Online, iTunes)
- Downton Abby (Amazon Instant Video, Hulu Plus)
- The Sopranos (HBO Go, HBO on Demand)
- Lost (Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Hulu Plus)
- Grey’s Anatomy (Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Hulu Plus)
- Bones (Netflix, Amazon Instant Video)
- Mad Men (Netflix, Amazon Instant Video)
- Alias (Netflix, Amazon Instant Video)
- Dexter (Amazon Instant Video)
- Heroes (Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Hulu Plus)
- Girls (Amazon Instant Video)
My recent trip to Chicago reminded me just how important having a list is when traveling. I know it sounds super nerdy – but doing a little homework before you leave will guarantee an easy and stress-free journey. I usually start crafting up my lists a week in advance (or more if I’m really excited about the trip!).
These are the 4 travel lists I NEVER leave home without:
This is an itemized list of everything you will do on your trip. Run through each day in your mind and visualize what you’ll be doing. Then write down a brief description or note about each event. That way you can prepare by making reservations, packing the appropriate clothes and making the most of the time you have at your destination.