We should all take a break from time to time. It’s a chance to recharge and kick back. Americans don’t take nearly enough vacations but it’s OK to put your own well being on your to-do list!
Here’s a list of reasons you should take a vacation:
1. Be More Productive: First of all…if you’re like me — you prepare in advance for a trip and make sure all of your ducks are in a row before you leave. Therefore — the act of going on vacation will make you very productive.
But also when you return — you’ll be well-rested, energized and ready to hit the ground running. You will definitely get more accomplished once you’ve had some time to rest your mind.
2. Relieve Stress: We walk around with it all day long and some of us don’t even know what a day is like without stress in it. That’s unfortunate, isn’t it? Going off on a new adventure — whether it be sitting poolside or visiting ancient ruins — will take your mind off your everyday worries and allow you to destress.
3. Strengthen Your Bonds: Vacations bring you closer together with the person you’re traveling with, no matter what! You will eat together, rest together and enjoy together. So if you’ve been meaning to catch up with someone significant in your life — plan a little getaway. Even if it’s just a few days — it will make a huge impact on your relationship.
4. Prevent Burnout: It’s so easy to work from morning until night and then do it all over again the next day. But just because you can do it everyday — doesn’t mean you should. We aren’t machines — we need rest, relaxation and let’s face it…margaritas every now and then! It’s OK to take a few days off — sleep, experience and prevent yourself from going over the edge. Your family, boss and co-workers will thank you.
5. Get Inspired: How many of us take the exact same route to work everyday? I know I do — I see the same people and the same streets. I even see the same dogs being taken for walks! Vacations are a great time to get inspired by your new surroundings. Take in the culture, wildlife, food, scenery and you’ll be surprised what you might think to do next. It could be your next story idea, painting or dinner party menu. A good way to get to many locations as part of one vacation is on a roadtrip utilizing an RV. If this is the way you want to go, make sure you’ve got quality equipment on board like Lifeline rv batteries.
Sounds good, doesn’t it? Every good vacation starts with a list — so get cracking and begin your planning now!