I’ve always had a love/ hate relationship with cleaning. Being tidy and organized helps increase your productivity and makes you feel less stressed—but the process of cleaning is never fun! As a kid my mom even nicknamed me “the mess maker.” Even though I would make a big mess – I would always clean it up! And now that I am an adult cleaning is…well it is certainly part of my focus as I have my own place, so I kinda have to! I could hire a service to get my house cleaned, there are so many great ones to choose from like the domestic cleaners Melbourne, who are based in Australia, or you could be all the way in Spain and have your house flawlessly cleaned, I guess what I’m saying is that no matter where you are there is always help…but I still have to do it in between!
Especially when you have a lot on your plate, it’s easy to push cleaning off to the bottom of your “to-do” list.
Not wanting to clean isn’t something new either. It’s always been a burden on everyone from someone living by themselves, a stay-at-home mom or business owner. Businesses are a bit different though because they are usually so large it’s easier to just get someone like NECS Cleaning to do all the cleaning for you. However, singletons or families sometimes can’t justify paying for someone to come in and clean so they have to do it themselves. Luckily, many apps have been created to help make these daunting tasks easier. With just a simple download, household tasks no longer feel like a chore.
Here are a few of my favorite cleaning apps:
1. Cleanly: If you’re in New York, and have ever dragged your laundry down the street…this app is for you. It allows New Yorkers to schedule laundry pick up and delivery at their own convenience! Cleanly users can schedule a time for pickup, including directions on how to wash their clothes, and a “Cleanly Valet” will come pick up the clothes and drop them off at a local laundry mat or dry cleaner! Fresh, clean clothes are then delivered within 24 hours.
2. Handybook: Users can book a company certified maid, plumber or handyman on their mobile phone by filling out an online application in less than two minutes! You fill out what type of cleaning you want done, how many rooms need to be cleaned and choose from a list of available time slots. In just minutes, an e-mail confirmation will provide you with a housekeeper’s name and phone number. If it’s a professional cleaning service for your home that you’re after, you can’t go wrong with Clean Maids to take care of this for you. With plenty of experience and a high standard of professionalism, they’re a go to choice for many who trust them with their cleaning needs.
3. HomeRoutines: No list is complete without a cleaning “to-do” list! This app lets you create thorough to-do lists and then rotate tasks by day or week, so you can develop a routine that makes keeping your house clean a habit. The app splits your home into five zones and gives you a task for each area, reminding you about tasks that often get overlooked, but need to be done!
4. BrightNest: Take your lists to the next level. This app helps you build a customized list of projects based on your personal living conditions. The app asks you questions, such as whether or not you have kids or pets, the appliances you use and what your goals are. Weekly projects are then illustrated with an estimate of how much time they will take. It even lists surprising tips to help you get the job done and gives you home maintenance advice based on your region’s climate.
5. Chorma: If you’re living with multiple people that leave their space messy, this app can help. Chorma lets you create lists of repeating chores and then assigns them to housemembers, who can check-in with their progress. To encourage people to get their stuff done, the app allows you to create redeemable individual or group rewards!
Make a list of five areas that you think need to be cleaned and then download one of these apps that will help you!