Summer has always been my favorite season. First because my birthday is in the summer and I think everyone becomes attached to “their season.” But also I love cooking outdoors and enjoying great summer wines! You know how I feel about Pinot Grigio but there are many others to choose from.
So get your spatula in one hand and your wine glass in the other and let the grilling begin! Here’s a list of great wines that I’ll be trying this summer for under $20:
- Enza Sparkling Rosé: Straight from Italy, this sparkling wine has a refreshing strawberry and green apple flavor. $15
2. 337 Lodi Cabernet Sauvignon: This wine offers deep and bold flavors of grapes from the Sierra Nevada Mountains. $14
3. Innocent Bystander Pink Moscato: Enjoy the moderately sweet watermelon, peach and ginger ale aromas with fizzy fruit flavors. $10
4. Petite Sirah: If you prefer red wine, definitely break this out at your next barbecue! This wine tastes both smooth and silky and it’s easy to drink! $12
5. Mt. Beautiful North Canterbury Pinot Noir: Another red wine selection that offers a taste of cranberry, black cherry and spice. $18
6. Adega do Monte Branco Alento Branco: This white wine is perfect for sipping on the patio—it’s pure, refreshing blend tastes like ripe pineapple and zesty lime. $14
7. Penfolds Club Tawny: A personal favorite of mine! This wine has just the right mellowness and consistency to leave your mouth watering. $14
8. Marco Negri Moscato D’Asti: This sweet, bubbly wine is perfect to pair with any dessert to end your summer barbecue. $18
What wine will you be drinking this summer?