Coachella is an awesome annual music and arts festival that has been going on since 1999. This year’s festival inspired me to make up my own productivity playlist. Listening to music can get you pumped up to get the mundane everyday to-do’s done, while having fun!
I have been known to manage aspects of my personal life, professional life, and even this blog from my cell phone. It is true that the more our phones are capable of, the more we use them. And the more often we use them, the faster the battery drains. However, the flip side to that is: if you’re dependent on your phone, it’s even more important to keep a charge. There are loads of different solar batteries that you could (for example, you could use something like this deep cycle solar battery), however, you just have to find the right one for you.
This week, I’m putting an end to the 10% battery warning and featuring the Solar Window Charger from XD Design as my Fab Find of the week. This smart and versatile charger is so great, I even bought one as a gift! Because what good are fabulous things if you don’t share them?
If you’re carrying an iPhone, iPad or iPod – your life has never been easier. If you’re a Mac user – you also know what I’m talking about. These pieces of technology are amazing for increasing productivity and efficiency! A man you’ve probably never met has changed your life forever.
Last night as I helped work on a Steve Jobs obit article, I realized that in his 56 years he’s said some very inspirational things.
Here are some of my favorite Steve Jobs quotes:
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”
- “Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.”
- “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me.… Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful—that’s what matters to me”
- “Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life…Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure — these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.”
- “Stay hungry. Stay foolish.”
Rest in peace Steve Jobs — we’ll carry your memory with us everyday — in our briefcases and in our pockets. 🙂
I’ll be the first to admit — I’m not a gym person. I’m not really a workout person unless typing counts. But I do like to walk and I really love yoga when I can get to a class. I wish I was better about fitting it into my schedule and making yoga a habit. I’m adding that to my self-improvement to-do list.
But if you are a gym person it’s important to know what to bring with you! Melissa Paris is a trainer in New York City and she compiled this list so you’ll always be prepared for your workout.
by Melissa Paris
Like you I am always on the go! My day is never the same and my outfits may vary depending on if I am working out OR if I am training a client. I live out of my gym bag and have lists for lists for lists! I am a personal trainer, fitness competitor, blogger, you name it…I think I may do it.
There are 5 things that I never leave home without:
1. Extra Socks: Have you ever worked out and either forgot your socks and had to go barefoot in your sneakers OR had to wear the same socks you left in your bag from the previous workout? I don’t know what is worse! I always pack an extra pair of socks so I can have a great workout without sliding around in my shoes and my bag doesn’t smell! Read more