https://listproducer.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/ListproducerLogo.png 0 0 Paula Rizzo https://listproducer.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/ListproducerLogo.png Paula Rizzo2013-08-01 20:22:292022-11-08 07:15:35Make the Most of Your Weekend
Make the Most of Your Weekend
Remember that song “Working for the Weekend” by Loverboy from the 80s?
It always puts a smile on my face! Weekends are the best — I think you’d be hard pressed to find someone who disagrees. You have time to sleep in and indulge in all the things you’re too busy for during the work week.
Weekends are the chance to get out and do all the things you catch yourself daydreaming about at your desk. But you only get two days off, so you have to make the most of it! No one wants to get back to work on Monday without feeling refreshed. So make this weekend your best yet!
Here’s my list of ways to get the most out of your weekend:
- Plan Fun: Take this chance to cross something off your bucket list! If you don’t plan for it, it may never leave the pages of your list. This weekend could be the perfect time to take that day trip to the beach. And a plus — fun weekend plans will make getting through the work week that much easier. Hence — the “Working for the Weekend” reference. 🙂
- Relax: Many of us spend the week working seemingly non-stop. Reward yourself with a little down time on the off days. It’ll give you more energy to enjoy your weekend adventures. Really give yourself permission to do nothing if that’s what you want to do!
- Go Tech Free: How many hours a day do you spend on your smartphone? Or using your laptop? Probably a lot more than you would expect. Try spending a day without using either (or at least as little as possible), and see how much more time you have. You might even find that you connect better with the people around you, too.
- Do Your Prep: No one wants to spend the whole weekend doing chores or running errands. Try to get as much done during the week as possible. Even one chore an evening can make a big difference come Saturday. And then you can spend your weekend doing only the fun stuff!
- Avoid Sunday Blues: It’s easy to find yourself staring at the clock on Sunday afternoon, mournfully counting down the hours until works starts the next day. Even for those of us that love our job, the though of heading back to work can be a downer. But don’t let it spoil your Sunday evening! Make dinner plans with friends or enjoy a quiet night in front of the TV. That way, you’ll be sure to get the most of your two days off.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!