The word listicle, a combination of the words list and article, has officially made it onto OxfordDictionaries.com. It is defined as ‘An article on the Internet presented in the form of a numbered or bullet-pointed list.’ While it may have only recently come into common use, I’ve been writing listicles on this blog for years now. So to celebrate the new dictionary entry I’m making a listicle of my favorite listicles from ListProducer.com!
1. 10 Gluten Free Grains For Everyone – I spoke with Leslie Cerier from ‘The Organic Gourmet’ and she gave me list of grains everyone should try. This is one of my most popular lists, especially as more and more people are going gluten free.
2. 5 Reasons to Become a Compulsive List Maker -This was my first ever listicle! I started writing this blog because I believe that putting your thoughts down on paper is good for your mind, body and soul.
3. 7 Ways to Deal When Cable and Internet Go Out – It may sounds silly, but losing your Internet can be a traumatic experience. Learn how to deal with unexpected blackouts before it happens to you!
4. Questions to Ask Your Mother (or Father) Before It Is Too Late – My mom and dad have been my biggest cheerleaders for every stage of my life and I’m fortunate to have them in my life. This listicle is from Meggin McIntosh and it’s about how important it is to know more about the people who raised us while we still have the chance.
5. Grandma Knows Best – The grandparent-grandchild relationship is wonderful and yet simple, they give you life advice and chocolate, in exchange you teach them how to use their cell phones. There’s a lot you can learn from your grandparents including how to be more constructive and efficient with your time.
6. Break Free From Routine – It’s natural to fall into some kind of routine, but it’s nice to break free from the monotony and embrace life with a list.
7.6 Free Ways to Make Someone’s Day – Oprah was famous for her free giveaways on her show. You can get that same high from doing nice things, but without having to break the bank.
8. What Your Favorite Character Says About Your Productivity – Certain characters always seem to stick with us. Beyond the quirky characteristics and clever one-liners, our favorite TV characters can reveal more about our personalities than we might think.
9. 7 Ways To Eliminate Time Wasters – When something only wastes a minute or so we don’t think about it as much. But when you add all those things together you could potentially be throwing away hours of your day.
10. 10 Ways to be Happier Right Now! – Happiness is all around us, you just have to look for it!
What’s your favorite listicle from ListProducer.com?